I love being home alone. It's a nice treat from time to time. The hubby had to go to NY and his trip was extended so I had time to myself for the many activities that I enjoy. I can eat the way I like and when I want. So dinner one night was a Hot Spinach & Artichoke dip.
I used Alton Brown's recipe from the Food Network. I did tweak it a bit.
Alton Brown' Spinach & Artichoke Dip
1. I couldn't find frozen artichoke hearts as the recipe called for. I used canned that were already Quartered. I rinsed them very well to remove any odd flavors, drained them well, and then chopped them even more.
2. I used the Whole package of cream cheese (8 oz)
3. I used extra spinach (because I like it that way)
4. I cooked the spinach and artichoke together as instructed & drained them well.
5. I used the canned Kraft Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese blend in the mix.
6. I did not heat everything in the microwave. I mixed at room temperature and then put it into a small oven safe bowl to bake it.
7. I topped the dip with fresh grated parmesan cheese before baking.
8. I baked at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes. Long enough for the cheese to melt and a bit of golden coloring to start.
9. I served with Bagel chips.
This was absolutely delicious, and left overs were great as a spread for sandwiches.