Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spinach & Artichoke Dip

I love being home alone.  It's a nice treat from time to time.  The hubby had to go to NY and his trip was extended so I had time to myself for the many activities that I enjoy.  I can eat the way I like and when I want. So dinner one night was a Hot Spinach & Artichoke dip.

I used Alton Brown's recipe from the Food Network.  I did tweak it a bit.

Alton Brown' Spinach & Artichoke Dip

My tweaks:
1. I couldn't find frozen artichoke hearts as the recipe called for.  I used canned  that were already Quartered.  I rinsed them very well to remove any odd flavors, drained them well, and then chopped them even more.

2. I used the Whole package of cream cheese (8 oz)

3. I used extra spinach (because I like it that way)

4. I cooked the spinach and artichoke together as instructed & drained them well.

5. I used the canned Kraft Grated Parmesan & Romano Cheese blend in the mix.

6. I did not heat everything in the microwave.  I mixed at room temperature and then put it into a small oven safe bowl to bake it.

7. I topped the dip with fresh grated parmesan cheese before baking.

8. I baked at 400 degrees for about 15-20 minutes.  Long enough for the cheese to melt and a bit of golden coloring to start.

9. I served with Bagel chips.

This was absolutely delicious, and left overs were great as a spread for sandwiches.


No comments:

Post a Comment